Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Don't Work Again if you Find a Job that you Love

I have been asking my college friends to work as a content writer ‘cause I know that they have so many expenses nowadays. Two of them graduated with a degree in Journalism so I know that it will be easy for them to apply and get accepted for the job.

 

I told them all the benefits of working at home. I shared to them how I am able to manage now my time than before. I can focus now on taking care of my children and husband. I don’t also have to spend extra money for gas and food.

 

When they found out the advantages of my work, they got interested and we set a meeting in a coffee shop near our office building and I was able to discuss it further with them.

 

During the discussion, I also showed them the blog that I started years ago when I was still venting out my experiences in life, especially when I got pregnant with my 2nd child.

 

We stayed a couple of hours in that coffee shop. They realized that being a content writer would give them not just extra cash but also more time for their loved ones.

 

One of my friends got convinced because of the idea that he doesn’t have to spend overtime just to get extra money for his expenses. He said that he could just simply go home after business hours and then work at home. He believed that working at home gives him less stress.

 

My bestfriend applied also as freelance writer. She mentioned that working at home makes her more productive because it has quieter atmosphere and lesser distractions.

 

Personally, I prefer working at home. But we also have to consider working in the office because of the benefits you can get from your company. Being a freelance worker will not give you certain medical and dental benefits. So, aside from working as a writer for multiple sites and marketing firms, I also work as a public relations officer for a prestigious company in the country.

 

It might sound exhausting for others, but if you really love what you are doing, then you will never feel tired in your life.

 

Just like what Confucius said, “choose a job that you love and you will never have to work a single day in your life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment